Body Hair Removal Product – Depilatory Cream
In terms of temporary hair removal, depilatory creams are somewhere between waxing and shaving. They dissolves the hair at the skinвЂ™s surface but slightly deeper than shaving but not as deep as waxing.
Depilatory cream are a mixture of chemicals that contain substances such as sulfides, sodium and calcium thioglycolate. These chemicals are also found in permanent hair straighteners but they are more concentrated in hair removal cream вЂ“ so that when apply to the skin, it actually dissolves the hair just below the skin surface.
Hair Removal Cream Drawbacks
Like other methods of temporary hair removal, depilatory cream also has its drawbacks. The main problem with deppilatory cream is the high concentration level of chemicals. The chemicals are so concentrated that if you leave it on for too long they can burn your skin. Even if you have coarse hair, never leave it on longer than the maximum length of time recommended by your depilatory cream kit.
Most depilatory cream tends to have a strong, unpleasant smell and can be messy. ItвЂ™s not for everyone. If you have coarse hair, you may not like the result youвЂ™re getting. If you have sensitive skin you may not be able to tolerate depilatory cream because it can cause skin irritation. And unlike waxing, it doesnвЂ™t remove the hair at the roots – the hair will grow back within a few days so you will need regular application.
Depilatory Cream вЂ“ Hair Removal Cream Tips
If youвЂ™re going to use depilatory cream hair removal here are some tips that may help to make the process easier.
- Always read the instructions that come with your depilatory cream kit.
- Always do a patch test to check for any redness or bumps before applying depilatory cream to larger area such as face, legs, underarms, or bikini line. Although itвЂ™s rare, but in some people, depilatory cream can cause allergy, skin discoloration or irritation.
- Before you begin, clean the area where you want to treat unwanted hair. This will help to open up the follicles so the depilatory cream can be better absorbed.
- Never leave the cream on longer than the maximum length of time recommended by your depilatory cream kit. If you leave it on for too long you may burn your skin.
- Remove depilatory cream from your skin using a damp washcloth in downward strokes. The additional pressure can help break away more hair as oppose to just rinse out the cream.
- Never apply depilatory cream to skin area surrounding the eye or onto broken skin or skin suffering from sunburn.
Facial Hair Removal Cream
If youвЂ™re using depilatory cream to remove facial hair make sure youвЂ™re using the one made specifically for the face. Facial hair removal cream are gentler and work better on soft, fine hair. Never use depilatory cream around the eye area or on broken skin such as cuts or abrasions or on skin suffering from sunburn.